Cut out attached template figure 4-4 (or template furnished with safety system kit) and bend tabs as shown.
Place template over top of mixing chamber and secure with tape. Using tap, punch mark to location of the
hole to be drilled in the side of the mixing chamber. Drill a 3/16" diameter hole at the marked location to be
used as a pilot hole: then with a 1/2" diameter drill, complete drilling the hole. (Remove burrs with a file.)
Remove pressure gage and 1/8" street elbow. (para. 4-9.5)
Dissasemble tubing from safety system assembly.
Assemble safety valve into branch tee into adapter where street elbow was removed. Add nipple and 4o5
elbow into open end of the branch tee fitting (see Figure 4-3). Add ermatex to air pressure gage threads.
Reassemble gage into 45o elbow fitting.
(10) Reinstall mixing chamber. ( ara. 4-9.3).
(11) Reattach tubing to safety valve and, using bulkhead nuts, secure the tubing into the drilled hole in the mixing
(12) Reattach the generator. ( ara 4-9.2).
Use extreme care when utilizing the air compressor to pressurize the fuel tank.
(13) Test safety system for proper functioning by pressurizing the tank, using air compressoro approximately
60 5 psig where safety valve should operate.After safety valve opens. pressure should drop rapidly to
approximately 35 10 psig at which point safety valve should close. Using soapy solution. heck for leaks.
(14) Set burner unit on end and release air pressure. para. 4-9.8).
(15) Remove the generator. (para. 4-9.2)