When filling the fuel tank, do not smoke, and make sure there is no open flame in
the vicinity. Provide a metal-to-metal contact between the fuel tank and the
container. This will prevent a spark from being generated
(7) Fill the fuel tank with 8 quarts (7.6 liters) gasoline (item 2, Table F-1) or until fuel can be seen at the
bottom of the fuel filler tube. Eight quarts of gasoline will bum for approximately 4 hours. Replace filler cap and
BAKING RACK SET.
a. General. Racks are required for baking in the field range outfit. The rack set consists of three racks.
(1) Remove top bake rack by simply lifting it off of the pan roll.
(2) The center bake rack is removed by removing the supporting chains from the brackets.
(3) The bottom bake rack is removed by pulling it forward on the upper rail until it is clear of the cabinet.
Replacement. The bake racks are to be replaced by reversing the procedure used in removing them.
STARTING THE EQUIPMENT.
a. Before you operate. Always keep in mind the CAUTIONS and WARNINGS and closely follow these
b. Preparation for Starting.
(1) Do the before operations preventive maintenance services (para 2-2).
(2) Take the burner unit to an area 50 feet away from any open flame. Place unit in horizontal position.
(3) Remove air valve cap. Pump hand pump until pressure gage reads 6 to 8 pounds per square inch (psi).
Remove pump and replace air valve cap. Check for leaks with soapy water.
(4) Take burner unit to the established lighting area that is a minimum of 50 feet from the refueling, fuel
storage and cooking areas.