INSTALLING TWIN COAX CABLE ASSEMBLY THROUGH CULVERTS (CONT)
Protective wrappings of tape around the twin coax cable assembly
(where it contacts the culverts) prevents rubbing and bending
BURYING TWIN COAX CABLE ASSEMBLY
Twin coax cable assembly may be buried to help protect it from damage.
1. Dig a trench (1) 6 to 12 inches deep across the road, and extend the
trench at least 2 feet beyond each side of the road.
2. Lay the twin coax cable assembly (2) loosely in the trench.
Never anchor the cable without using a wire grip to take the strain off
the connector. Ensure that proper grip is used to prevent damage to
connector. Use grip ND-0107 for CX-11230A/G cable assembly, and
grip ND-0104 for CX-11230/G cable assembly.
3. Using wire grips (3), secure twin coax cable assembly at each side of
the road to an anchor (4).
4. Fill the trench carefully.
5. Tag cable lines (5) at the base of the support on both sides of the
crossing between the wire grips.