(5) Disconnect sling.
(6) Install air cleaner fender skirt (TM 20-1).
(7) Remove protective cover from air cleaner air inlet elbow and hose. Install hose
on elbow and secure with clamp (view A).
(8) Remove protective cover from air cleaner exhaust manifold tube and hose. Install
hose on tube and secure with clamp (view A).
If hoses and/or clamp assemblies are damaged, have holes or
t e a r s , replace.
Steps (i) and (j) apply to right air cleaner. Step (k) applies to
left air cleaner.
(9) Install air cleaner manifold (para. e below).
(10) Connect fuel-tank-to-air cleaner vent hose assembly to right air cleaner only
(view B). Connect final drive vent line to left air cleaner elbow (view C).
Steps (11) and (12) apply to both sides
(11) Remove protective covers from air cleaner air outlet elbow and hose. Install hose
clamp over flange and tighten clamp (view D).
(12) Close top deck door assemblies.
6-14. Air Cleaner Repair
Door Assembly Gasket Replacement (Fig. 6-9).
(1) Completely remove old gasket and adhesive from gasket recess by scraping or
other mechanical means.
(2) Apply adhesive (item 1, appendix C) to bottom of gasket recess in door.
(3) Install new gasket on door with flat side of rubber gasket toward adhesive.
(4) Close door assembly and secure with three screws.
Air outlet elbow replacement (Fig. 6-9).
(1) Remove air cleaner (para. g(1) above).
(2) Remove 14 nuts securing air outlet elbow to air cleaner.
(5) Remove air outlet elbow and gasket. Discard gasket. Cover air cleaner opening.
When outlet elbow is removed from air cleaner, cover the
air cleaner opening to prevent entry of foreign material.
(6) Remove protective cover from air cleaner opening.
(7) Inspect and clean mating surfaces on air cleaner and outlet elbow.
(8) Position new gasket and outlet elbow on air cleaner.