TM 11-6625-2444 45P
Section I. INTRODUCTION
This manual lists repair parts, special tools, and test and support equipment required for the performance of general
support and depot maintenance of the Purge and Fill Unit, Gyro Stabilized Platform MX-8474/ASN-86. Direct support
maintenance is not applicable to this manual, although tabular headings indicate same for consistency with associated
This Repair Parts and Special Tools list is divided into the following sections:
a. Repair Parts Section II. A list of repair parts authorized for the performance of maintenance at the general support
and depot level in the same sequence as the Selection Work Sheet. Figure and item numbers are not in sequential order.
b. Special Tools, Test, and Support Equipment Section III. A list of special tools, test, and support equipment
authorized for the performance of maintenance at the general support, and depot level.
c. Indices Section IV. Conversion of numbers and indices is explained as follows:
(1) Index Federal Stock Number to Index Number. A list of Federal stock numbers, in ascending numerical
sequence, cross-referenced to the Repair Parts list index number.
(2) Index Reference Number to Figure and Item Number. A list of reference numbers (part numbers and
manufacturers codes), in ascending alphanumeric sequence, cross-referenced to figure and item number.
(3) Index -Reference Designation to Index Number. A list of Reference Designations (RD), in ascending
alphanumeric sequence, cross-referenced to the Repair Parts list index number.
(4) Index Federal Stock Number to Figure and Item Number. A list of Federal stock numbers, in ascending
numerical sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.
(5) Index Figure and Item Number to Index Number. A list of figure and item numbers, each in ascending
numerical sequence, cross-referenced to the Repair Parts list index numbers.
1-3. Explanation of Columns.
a. Source, Maintenance, and Recoverability (SMR) Codes, Column 1.
(1) Source code, indicates the selection status and source for the listed item. Source codes are:
Applies to major assemblies that are procured with Procurement of Electronics and Missiles, Army
(PEMA) funds for initial issue only to be used as exchange assemblies at Direct Support Unit
(DSU) and General Support Unit (GSU) level. These assemblies will not be stocked above DSU
and GSU level or returned to depot level
Applies to repair parts which are stocked in or supplied from the General Support Activity/Direct
Support Activity (GSA/DSA), or Army supply system, and authorized for use at indicated
Applies to repair parts which are not stocked. The indicated maintenance category requiring such
repair parts will attempt to obtain through cannibalization; if not obtainable through cannibalization,
such repair parts will be requisitioned with supporting justification through normal supply channels