COMPONENTS OF END ITEMS LIST
Section I. INTRODUCTION
This appendix lists Integral Components of and Basic Issue Items (Bll) for the reeling machine to help
you inventory items required for safe and efficient operation.
This Component of End Items List is divided into the following sections.
A Section II Integral-Components of the End Item. These iterns, when assembled, constitute
the reeling machine and must accompany it whenever it is transferred or turned in. These illus-
trations will help you identify these items.
B Section Ill Basic Issue Items. These are minimum essential items required to place the reel-
ing machine in operation, to operate it and to perform emergency repairs. Although shipped
separately packed, they must accompany during operation and whenever it is transferred be-
tween accountable officers. The illustrations will assist you with hard-to-identify items. This
manual is your authority to requisition replacement Bll based on Table(s) of Organization and
Equipment (TOE)/Modification Table of Organization and Equipment (MTOE) authorization of
the end item.
B-3. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS
(1) Illustration. This column is divided as follows:
(a) Figure Number. Indicates the figure number of the illustration on which the item is shown (if
(b) Item Number. The number used to identify item called out in illustrations.
(2) National Stock Number (NSN). Indicates the national stock number assigned to the end item
which will be used for requisitioning.
(3) Part Number (P/N). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer which controls the
design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications, stan-
dards and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(4) Description. Indicates the federal item name and, if required, a minimum description to identify the
(5) Location. The physical location of each item listed is given in this column. The lists are designed
to inventory all items in one area of the major item before moving on to an adjacent area.
(6) Usable on Code. (Not applicable).
(7) Quantity Required (Qty Reqd). This column lists the quantity of each item required for a complete
(8) Quantity. This column is left blank for use during inventory. Under the received column, list the
quantity you actually receive on your major item. The date columns are for use when you inventory
the major item at a later date, such as for shipment to another site.