Section II. LEECE-NEVILLE MODEL R0015027RA
c. Voltage Adjustment Rheostat (R15).
(1) Remove voltage adjustment access screw
regulator with the cover removed, showing the
from the cover of regulator.
remaining test points. There are 10 total test
(2) Place ohmmeter probes to terminals of
points. Figure 35 is an electrical schematic
the rheostat (see figs. 3-4 and 3-5).
diagram of the regulator circuit.
(3) Rotate rheostat fully clockwise; read-
ing should be approximately 45 ohms.
3-5. Checkout and Repair.
(4) Rotate rheostat fully counterclockwise;
a. Diode D2 and Relay (see fig. 33 and 35)
reading should be less than 5 ohms.
(5) If other readings are obtained, replace
(1) Place positive probe of ohmmeter to pin
the rheostat, NSN 5905-00581-1405.
F of connector J2 and negative probe on TP1.
d. Power Resistor R2. Place ohmmeter probes
Meter should read 0 ohms.
across power resistor R2 (see figs. 3-4 and 35).
(2) Place positive probe on TP1 and nega-
Meter should read approximately 30 ohms.
tive probe on TP2. Meter should read low ohms
e. Detailed Circuit Checks.
(1) Table 31 contains "power off" resist-
( 3 ) Reverse probes in (2) above. Meter
ance checks of the circuit (see figs. 3-3 and 34
should read high ohms (thousands).
for test points ).
(4) If other readings are obtained in (2)
(2) Table 3-2 contains "power on" voltage
or (3) above, replace diode D1.
checks of the circuit (see figs. 33 and 3-4 for
(5) Place positive probe on TP2 and nega-
tive probe on Pin C of connector J2. Meter should
f. Functional Check. Check the performance
read approximately 55 ohms.
of the regulator on the test stand and make final
(6) If another reading is obtained, remove
voltage adjustments. Voltage output should read
and replace both the relay and diode D2.
28 volts. If the regulator does not function prop-
b. Resistor R1. Replace ohmmeter probe across
erly, perform the following:
resistor R1 (see figs. 3-3 and 3-5). Meter should
(1) Check wires and connections.
read approximately 0.4 ohms.
Top-view (Leece-Neville)model R0015027RA.