E n d view-model 03.
the regulator. Table 22 gives the resistance
checks, and table 23 gives the voltage checks.
Transistors Q8 and Q9 are identical and
Table 24 is a diode substitution list.
can be interchanged. Transistor Q7 must
be replaced by a like item in the same
2-7. Checkout and Repair.
socket (see fig. 25).
a. Voltage Adjustment Rheostat (R6) (power
(4) Check the mica insulating washers be-
tween the transistors and mounting plate. Replace
(1) Remove voltage adjustment access plug
if cracked, broken or missing. Coat washers with
(see fig. 2-5).
insulation compound per MIL-S-8660, NSN 6850-
(2) Place ohmmeter test probes to terminals
of the rheostat (see fig. 25).
(3) Rotate rheostat. fully clockwise; reading
(1) Remove four screws holding transistor
should be less than 5 ohms.
mounting plate and move plate to one side.
(4) If other readings are obtained, replace
(2) Place negative ohmmeter probe to the
rheostat with Vap-Air part number 26527097.
connector side of diode D5 and D6, individually
(see figs. 2-5 and 2-9).
(3) Place positive probe to the circuit board
(1) Carefully remove transistors Q7, Q8, and
Q9 (see fig. 2-5).
side of D5 and D6, individually. Meter should in-
dicate high resistance.
(2) Position transistors as shown in figure
(4) Reverse probes. Meter should indicate
(3) If resistance v a l u e s differ from the
(5) If other readings are obtained, replace
values shown in fig. 22, replace the transistor
diodes D5 and D6, NSN 5961001031519 (see
with a new device. Q7 is Vap-Air part number
2631603319; Q8 and Q9 are Vap-Air part num-
(6) Reinstall transistor mounting plate.