(1) R e m o v e covering from air cleaner outlet elbow and turbo-supercharger inlet
(2) Apply adhesive (item 4, appendix C) in grooves of hose flanges (view E) and install
new preformed packings.
(3) I n s t a l l hose assembly between air cleaner outlet elbow and turbocharger inlet
elbow (view D).
(4) Align hose flange to turbo-supercharger elbow flange. position screw clamp on
hose and hand tighten screw clamp nut.
(5) Position quick release clamp on hose. Loosen adjusting nut on "T" bolt of the
quick release clamp.
(6) Align the hose flange and the air cleaner elbow. Engage "T" bolt with hasp and
close clamp. Insert safety pin.
(7) T i g h t e n adjusting nut to eliminate clearance between hasp and "T" bolt. Turn
adjusting nut one additional turn. (8-12 lb. in.).
(8) Tighten screw clamp nut to 25-35 lb.-in. (3-4 N m).
(9) Close top deck door assemblies.
6-12. Turbocharger Inlet Elbow Assembly Replacement (Fig. 6-7).
R e p l a c e m e n t of left and right turbocharger inlet elbow
assemblies is the same. Left side shown.
Do not open top deck door assemblies if air cleaner is open.
Damage to air cleaner door may result.
Open top deck door assemblies.
Remove intermediate scavenge tube (para. 6-16c).
Remove air cleaner outlet hose assembly (para. 6-11a).
Remove eight nuts, l o c k w a s h e r s , and flatwashers securing turbocharger inlet
elbow assembly and dust detector cover chain to turbocharger (view E).
(5) Remove elbow, gasket, and chain.
(6) Discard gasket. Clean old gasket material off turbocharger.
(1) Position new gasket and elbow on studs of turbocharger.
(2) Put dust detector cover chain in position on one stud.
(3) Secure elbow to turbocharger with eight flatwashers, lockwashers, and nuts.
(4) Install air cleaner outlet hose assembly (para. 6-11b).
(5) Install intermediate scavenge tube (para. 6-16c).
(6) Close top deck door assemblies.
6-13. Air Cleaner Replacement (Fig. 6-8)
Removal of right and left air cleaners is the same except as
noted. Right side shown.