(7) Remove four screws and lockwashers securing air intake cover to air intake.
Remove cover and gasket. Discard gasket (view C). Clean off old adhesive and
g a s k e t material.
(8) Remove six nuts and lock-washers (located inside air intake) securing gasket and
air intake flange to air intake. Remove gasket and flange. Discard gasket and
lockwashers (view C). Clean off old adhesive and gasket material.
(9) Clean screen if required.
(1) Using adhesive (item 1, appendix C) cement new gasket on air intake flange (view
C). Secure flange to air intake with six nuts and new lockwashers.
(2) U s i n g adhesive (item 1, appendix C) cement new gasket on air intake cover.
Secure cover to intake with four screws and new lockwashers.
(3) U s i n g adhesive (item 1, appendix C) cement new gasket to bulkhead opening
inside crew compartment.
(4) Put small amount of silicone compound (item 5, appendix C) on inside of hose
o p e n i n g (view B). Put hose on a i r intake flange. S e c u r e hose to flange with
(5) P o s i t i o n air intake flange over b u l k h e a d opening (view B). Secure intake to
bulkhead with eight nuts and new lockwashers.
(6) Put air intake hose on air intake hose elbow (view A). Secure hose to elbow with
(7) Close top deck grille doors.
6-11. Air Cleaner Outlet Hose Assembly Replacement (Fig. 6-7).
Replacement of left and right air cleaner outlet hose
assemblies is the same. Left side shown.
(1) Open top deck door assemblies.
Do not open top deck doors when air cleaner door assembly
is open. Damage to air cleaner door may result.
(2) Pull pin and release quick release clamp. Remove clamp from hose (views D and
(3) Remove screw clamp.
(4) Remove hose.
(5) Cover air cleaner outlet elbow and turbo-supercharger inlet elbow to prevent
entrance of foreign matter.
(6) Remove performed packings (view D). Get rid of packings. Clean old adhesive
from packing groove on hose assembly.
(7) Inspect hose assembly for damage or defective parts. Replace hose assembly if
hose or flange is unserviceable.