(a) Loosen two clamps (view A).
(b) Remove hose assembly from air cleaner outlet elbow and turbosupercharger
Remove hose assembly.
Remove clamps from hose assembly.
Check hose assembly for damage or defective parts. If a hose or flange is
unserviceable, replace hose assembly.
Make sure fingers are not bent (view B). If any are bent, replace as follows:
1. U s i n g a hammer and punch, drive out pin holding finger in place
2. P o s i t i o n new finger - NSN 2940-00-614-9007 part no. 1655238) - on
3. U s i n g pliers, i n s t a l l new pin - NSN 5315-00-058-9780 (part no.
MS16562-235) - securing finger to hose assembly.
4. Using hammer, tap pin into place.
If it is cracked, loose, or dried out,
Check preformed packing (view D).
replace as follows:
Remove defective packing and clean away old adhesive.
2. Apply adhesive MIL-SPEC-MMM-A-1617, Type II - NSN 8040-00-152-
0063 (2.5 oz. can) or NSN 8040-00-152-0067 (6 oz. can) - in groove
of hose assembly flange.
3. Install new packing - NSN 5330-00-729-5049 (part no. 10870861).
Check metal flange ends for bonding to hose. If bonding is loose, replace
C h e c k finger band clamp for damage (view D). If d a m a g e d , replace
clamp - NSN 4730-00-908-6294 (part no. MS35842-16).
Check new flat band clamp, make sure it is properly installed. If it is
not, loosen, apply a light coat of lubricant (silicone grease MIL-G-46886)
to area of hose where clamp will be installed, install clamp and tighten
Thread finger band clamp through slots in fingers (view E).
Position one end of hose assembly on air cleaner outlet elbow and other
end on turbosupercharger elbow (view F).
Make sure fingers grip lips of elbows by feeling under hose.
Using screwdriver, tighten clamps securely.