(1) Floor cross membersbent, cut, crushed, severely rusted, broken loose from side rail or floor,
cracked or broken weld.
(2) Stiffenersbent, cut, crushed, severely rusted, broken loose from side rail, cracked, missing or
(9) Threshold plate damaged or missing.
If threshold plate is present and in good condition, check to be sure that it is
securely attached to the floor with a screw in each hole, If it is damaged,
remove, but do not replace.
(1) Identification obliterated.
(2) Door frame -- cut, broken or distorted.
(3) Hinges broken, torn or twisted.
(4) Locking bar tubes bent or twisted.
(6) Locking bar guides bent or twisted.
(6) Rubber seals cut or torn loose.
(7) Top and bottom rails bent, cut or crushed.
(8) Doors out of alignment, punctured or rusted out.
(9) Door handles [operating levers) bent or broken.
e . Roof
(1) Panel punctured, dented or stage IV corrosion.*
(2) Identification obliterated.
(1) Roof bows cut or broken loose from top rail.
(2) Floor boards -- splintered, broken, cracked or rotted.
* Definition of stage IV corrosion: Rust, or black or white chemical corrosion with powdering, scaling,
severe pitting and holes and irregular areas of surface material eroded away. Nonacceptable corrosion of
nonstructural members can be determined if the corroded metal can be punctured by striking the area
lightly with a welder's hammer.